The benefits of rubberized asphalt for Manitobans:
- Reduces reflective cracking in asphalt overlays.
- Reduces Maintenance Costs.
- Improves resistance to cracking in new pavements.
- Improves resistance to rutting in new pavements.
- Increases pavement life.
- Decreases noise pollution levels by up to 5 decibels.
- Beneficially uses 500-2,000 scrap tires per lane mile.
In 2009, the city of Winnipeg conducted a test project on a strip of Portage Avenue using rubberized asphalt. That patch of road is still holding up extremely well today.
Please read the Winnipeg Free Press article regarding this project and feel free to view the related site pictures below.
<!- Start /home/aoftukv80mzp/public_html/wp-content/themes/rtrrubber.ca/sidebar.php --> <!- End /home/aoftukv80mzp/public_html/wp-content/themes/rtrrubber.ca/sidebar.php -->